Monday, 10 May 2010

OH NO MUMMY IS SICK

Well today is all a bit chaotic, as Mummy Mission is sick. The normally organised and calm Mission house is in chaos and all because Mummy Mission dared to throw a sicky.

How dare I even allow a bug to get into my system and expect to be looked after by the rest of the mission household?   So I’m going to pick myself up and take some much needed pain relief to try and shake off this nasty tummy bug and almighty headache.   It’s not like I can stay in bed all day as I have little monster mission to look after.   Although he is playing nicely with his Happy Land set and watching the rather annoying Mr Tumble at the moment.

So my aim today is to not only get better, but to make up individual medicine boxes for the mission family, one for daddy mission, one for mummy mission, one for the grumpy teenager mission and one for the rest of the little missions.

MUMMY MISSION: Right my box is easy, will contain the basics as I’m never normally sick, so paracetamol, Ibuprofen, and Imodium (just incase), some of those migraine and headache patches for my head as I really don’t like taking painkillers unless I have too, some of that fancy optrex eye spray, a bottle of expensive bubble bath, a bottle of wine, a nice bar of chocolate for medicinal purposes you understand and some internet shopping.

DADDY MISSION: Right daddy’s box will have to contain the following, because any illness a man gets, is classed as deadly disease that is why they have to stay in bed for at least 3 days and use that stupid strained voice (you know the one). Any way apart from the obvious, paracetamol, Ibuprofen, lemsip’s, day & night nurse, and any other pills that they think might make them feel better. We must never forget, the vapour rub, the vapour plug in, the vitamin C pills, the large glass of pure orange juice, an extra blanket and the TV remote because they are truly never too sick to annoy you when they are channel hopping or watching some very dull programme that only men can ever find on the TV!

TEENAGE MISSION: Right he will need all of the above when ill, as he is a man in training. But also you will need to add the laptop close to the bed, his iPod touch close to hand, and not forgetting the Xbox switched on because god forbid he has to move anywhere, then there are unlimited drinks he will need, the additional box of man sized tissues because they can’t share and last but not least food and plenty of it, we can’t have them going hungry now can we.

LITTLE MISSION’S: Well their box is easy, some nice Calpol, and Ibuprofen medicine, a duvet one the sofa, with their favourite teddy bears and a nice warm cup of blackcurrant juice. Followed by an unlimited amount of either Cbebbies or Cbbc which ever little mission is sick and big cuddles off mummy mission because they always help.

So now I have decided what all the missions are going to need to get them through all the nasty bugs and diseases, I’m going to have to go shopping to make sure that every mission big or small is taken care of properly. But before I start to empty boots of its entire stock, I must tidy the house, do the washing, and the ironing that I left from yesterday because I may not have mentioned this before BUT I’M ILL. Ok now that is out of my system I’m off to boots.

IF ANYONE NEEDS URGENT HELP WITH MAN FLU THEN I HAVE ADDED A WEBSITE THAT CAN HELP YOU COPE!
http://www.manflu.org.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment