Thursday, 1 July 2010

DONT TAKE DADDY SHOPPING!

Ladies there are three types of men in this world:

The ones who love to shop: Now these are very few and far between, they are either Gay or just very style conscious and I only know one of these men and it just happens to be my brother in law.

The ones who hate to shop: This in fact is most men; they will do anything to get out of going. They would even go as far as faking an illness just to make you do your own birthday shopping!

The ones who are worse than the kids when you take them shopping: You know the ones you see their poor wives in the supermarket taking stuff out of the trolley that they have just put in. And they come out with sayings like “Oh this is on offer we should definitely get this” and “oh I have always wanted to try this” to something that will be stuck in the cupboard forever.

I can tell you daddy mission is the second one, he hates shopping with a passion. He wanders round the shops like a stroppy teenager, who has just been asked to get a wash! So I tend not to take him shopping with me at all. I have even done my own birthday and Christmas present shopping for the last 13 years THAT is how much he hates it.

Until one day he decided to mutter those dreaded words. Shall we go food shopping tomorrow, instead of getting it delivered? For the sake of our marriage and my sanity, those words should never be said AGAIN!

My heart sank, I panicked, what on earth was I supposed to say to that “No you’re a miserable bugger and we are not going shopping...EVER”. Well I’m not THAT horrible so I reluctantly agreed, knowing what would happen, and it did. Every time I put something in the trolley I was met with a barrage of questions: “why do we need that”, “Is there a cheaper alternative”, “Do we need that”......... after 5 minutes of this I snapped and told him if he uttered another word then I would leave him in the supermarket all ALONE and go home without him.

Well that shocked him because he never uttered a single word for the rest of the shopping trip, I just got the odd look, you know the one THAT LOOK! He was dying to say something especially when I put a tub of expensive Ice cream in the trolley. You could almost see steam coming from his ears when I put in a more expensive Pizza. Now I was just winding him up, cruel I know but you have to have some fun when you’re married to a Man united fan.

After we had paid and got all the shopping home it was all too much for Daddy Mission as he had to put his feet up and watch a bit of cricket whilst I put all of the shopping away. But it may have been a blessing in disguise as he has NEVER asked to go shopping again!

1 comment:

  1. Don't know which is worse? A husband who hates shopping or a husband who supports Man United!!

    ReplyDelete