Thursday, 16 September 2010

MONSTER THE MYSTERY SHOPPER

Monster Mission is just old enough to use the potty, yet today he nominated himself as a Mystery Shopper in our local Asda.
Have you ever taken your little one to the shops and come back with a little more than you paid for? Well I’m sure we have all been there, done that and brought the t-shirt, unless it’s just my thrifty fingered lot.

Thinking back it was Teenage Missions favourite pastime in the Asda, in the end I had to check the tray of Drama’s buggy just incases. We inherited a few strange items, in the end I used to wish they would stock good stuff on the bottom shelves just to make it worthwhile.

So today Monster broke the Mission tradition. Instead of taking something he had forgotten to pay for he spent his time running around the store filling up unsuspecting victims baskets. His first victim a little old lady shopping for a birthday card, then bam Monster strikes and her basket is filled with birthday cards. I suppose he was only trying to help, you can never be too prepared.

His next victim was a lady, early 30’s shopping for sweets. She didn’t count on the Monster mystery shopper, because she ended up with a basket full of Haribo sweets. I couldn’t get away quick enough. Just when I thought his reign of terror was over he stuck again, only this time he had met his match.

A little girl was shopping with her daddy, Monster was in the biscuit aisle and was eyeing up the chocolate fingers. It was like a scene from a John Wayne film. He stood one end and she was the other, he walked up to the shelf and picked up a packet of chocolate fingers. He slowly walked to the basket and placed the packet in; it all seemed so easy so he did it again. He didn’t count on the fact that every time he put one pack in the little girl was taking them back out, he wasn’t too sure why they were all disappearing. He carried on until the little girl’s dad noticed that his little girl had turned in to a mystery shopper too, because it seemed she was putting them in people’s trolleys as they passed.

The pair of us could do nothing but laugh and quickly get our little shoppers out of the store as quickly as possible. So lots of people would have got to the tills and noticed a few more items than they bargained and budgeted for. So next time you are at Asda look out for your own little mystery shopper, he will be around.


5 comments:

  1. haha that made me giggle, our mike used to do that too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I took all the kids to Birkenhead we took a quick trip round Primark. The pram was full of shopping bags and I asked Lauren to get a basket, you know the ones the soft ones that fold flat. It wasnt until I got home and unloaded the pram I realised that she had got a basket for herself and hooked one on the pram too. So I walked all round Primark, out of the door, all round town and home with a primark basket attached to the pram ( luckily I didnt shop lift anything as I didnt use it or realise it was there !! :) but I still have it in the cupboard and we laugh every time we see it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite so far lena, Can't wait for Abi to do that sounds like fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy days... loved the chocolate fingers! Now mine are either teenagers or in their twenties it's lovely to remember the times when they went to bed before I did and were small enough for me not to look up at them to give them a good wigging. And best of all, I knew (well usually) where they were. Now I get texts saying 'flying to Dubai tomorrow' or 'going into town with friends' - friends, what friends, who? Anyway enjoying your ramblings. Mine are on 'askabusywoman'

    ReplyDelete
  5. That post has made me laugh as it was sooooo funny lol

    ReplyDelete