Monday, 3 January 2011

New Year New Missions!



No I'm not talking about having a NEW BABY MISSION! 

It’s that time of the year again; you know the one when you write down a list of things you want to achieve for the year ahead and then never stick to them.  Surely it’s not just me that spends the day thinking, planning and making the effort to actually plot out every fine detail to my New Year Plans.  I don’t like the whole New Year’s Resolutions idea; after all I never managed to stick to a New Year’s Resolution.

So this year I set myself 10 Missions nothing too big, just tiny little steps on my way to providing my lovely little family with security, and opening up my world of possibilities. 

Mission One:  To be a better mummy and try not to shout at the little things no matter how tired we all are. Make more time to feed the ducks and play in the park before they all grow up and leave home. More big snuggle time on the sofa, snuggle time in bed and more I love you’s because it should always be said at least once a day.

Mission Two: To be a better wife and dedicate a little QUALITY time in the evening to my deserted hubby.  After all I spend most days and night tapping away at my laptop trying to come up with new ideas for articles. He is the one who goes out to work and brings home the penny’s every month, I just mess around on the laptop trying to be artistic and not really earning a proper wage yet.

Mission Three: To spend a little more time on ME, just 10 more minutes in the bathroom won’t make me look like Cheryl Cole, but I can try! It would be great to actually get into a bath that hadn’t gone cold because the baby had woken up, or because Daddy Mission or Teenage Mission had decided they wanted to use the loo just as your big toe touched the water. Reality is I can’t really remember the last time I had a bath or went to the loo alone, you would think I was the queen as I always have someone with me.

Mission Four: To actually lose some weight, not sure how yet as I only have one BFF and that’s food, only kidding its wine as well. My actual problem is I don’t eat regularly, I skip breakfast, I have a biscuit for lunch and for dinner I will eat the entire contents of the fridge before the cooker has buzzed.

Mission Five: To convince my gorgeous, lovable, generous husband. The Amazing Daddy Mission that this house is way too small and it’s time to move to the country. (Well a Mummy can try, they do say a  little flattery goes a long way).

Mission Six: To actually make more time for my family and friends, I’m not just talking about the Missions.  Those who I send brief messages to on Facebook or Twitter and wish I had more time to stay and chat with but simply don’t have the time due to having such a large family to look after, work to do and books to write.

Mission Seven:  To finish writing at least one of my books (I have two), one to be finally finished would be great, finishing two would be impossible, but achievable. (I must try harder)

Mission Eight: To gain a few more column inches, to see my name finally in lights (well in print anyway) you know what I mean and gain some recognition, for all my hard work.

Mission Nine: To do at least one GOOD DEED a day, anything from helping someone out to simply making a brew.  After all a Good Deed a day keeps the bad guys away (fingers crossed anyway).

Mission Ten: To do something amazing by raising money for charity.  I want to help five AMAZING charities by raising a fair amount for each of them.  Plans are top-secret at the moment but you can guarantee I will keep you posted. (well you know me i hopeless at keeping secrets)

Right so there you go, I have written them down.  You are all reading them, I’m counting on you to keep me inline don’t forget to remind me if I haven’t done something to make you smile.

Lots of Love

Mummy Mission

3 comments:

  1. Great post, you sound just like me with skipping meals then pigging out!!!

    Moveeee to the country!! I'm in Suffolk.. That's country.. Move here with me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sweetheart. I can't wait to be part of number 10 with you. You're an amazing lady and one of the best friends to have ;)

    Becca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow there are some serious missions there! Good luck with them all and I can't wait to read all about them xx

    ReplyDelete