Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Song Titles to Live Your Life By.



Now when I first saw this fab little Meme I wanted in straight away, the lovely Caroline over at @scribblingmum started this little ball rolling.  I quickly tweeted her asking could I have in, she politely tweeted back that I would be more than welcome to join in.  So off I set to find 5 songs that I could live my life by.

I thought it would be dead easy, but since Saturday I have picked songs and then picked better ones.  So I have bitten the bullet and today I will be choosing 5 songs and sticking to them.

So here we go:

1.       Travis – Flowers in the window.

This is one of my favourite songs and always reminds me of my husband, who had NEVER held a baby until we had our eldest son Teenage Mission.  In fact he never wanted kids until he was 30 and by that time he had 2 of them.

 2.  GLEE – Loser like Me

This is definitely the new theme tune to my life.

All of the dirt you've been throwin' my way
It ain't so hard to take (That's right)
'Cause I know one day you'll be screamin' my name
And I'll just look away (That's right)


Just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth (So everyone can hear)


Hit me with the worst you got and knock me down (Baby, I don't care)
Keep it up and soon enough you'll figure out
You wanna be, you wanna be
A loser like me! A loser like me!


 

Every time someone bad mouths me or take sly dig’s this song just runs around my head and the lyrics are so true!

3.  Pink – Perfect

This song is for my beautiful children, showing them that its life that they will make mistakes, but that is life.

And they will always be perfect to me!

4.  Jessie J – Price tag

This song is definitely the here and now, these days everything seems to be about what everyone has.

As Jessie says “money can’t buy us happiness”

 

My favourite lines have to be  

 

Seems like everybody's got a price,
I wonder how they sleep at night.
When the sale comes first,
And the truth comes second,
Just stop, for a minute and
Smile


 

5.       B.o.B  feat Hayley Williams – Airplanes

This is one of my favourites, it’s a favourite on my iPod, the lyrics mean so much to me, it also a favourite for Drama Mission too.  It’s a “be careful what you wish for” song.

Yeah
I could use a dream or a genie or a wish
To go back to a place much simpler than this!


 

The lyrics mean a lot to me especially now more than ever!

So that’s it, those are my 5 songs, I could have gone on forever, but these songs are my life right now.

A big thanks to Caroline for letting me share them, it’s been very therapeutic.

1 comment:

  1. These are great ones! Price Tag is a big favourite in our house, a popular choice for the weekend kitchen disco. I know what you mean about keeping changing your mind too, as soon as you decide you hear another on the radio that seems to sum it up better.

    Thanks for joining in ;)

    ReplyDelete